Providing women in the insurance industry with opportunities for professional development and assistance in advancing their careers
As the leading organization of professional insurance women, we provide insurance professionals with benefits for professional development and assistance in advancing their careers. These benefits include:
• Networking: Often, it’s who you know that helps the most. We sponsor varied programs for members to learn, network and share ideas.
• Monthly luncheon programs: Our programs feature prominent insurance leaders and experts on key industry issues.
• Discounted fees: Members receive discounted fees for luncheons, enrichment programs, conferences and social events, including the annual golf outing.
• Member-Only events: These events encourage members to interact and network in a more informal and relaxed atmosphere. Programs focus on career development topics as well as social events.
• On-line membership directory:. The online membership directory is a resource that provides access to a strong network of professional contacts.
• APIW Insider: APIW’s publication for members provides scholarly and practical information, showcases the activities of our members and reports on the achievements of women in insurance.
• Expanded networking opportunities: APIW provides expanded networking opportunities through its affiliation with such other distinguished trade organizations as the Financial Women’s Association (FWA), the New York Women’s Agenda (NYWA), Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriters Society (CPCU), Intermediaries & Reinsurance Underwriters Association (IRU), Risk & Insurance Management Society (RIMS) and New York City Association of Insurance Women (NYCAIW).