APIW has been established to provide women insurance professionals with opportunities for professional development and assistance in advancing their careers. We welcome new members who meet the qualifications we request – at least three years of experience in the insurance business along with other various requirements. Our membership include highly-regarded, decision-makers in middle management to the C-Suite and have a cross-section of industry skills and knowledge being employed at primary insurers, reinsurers, insurance brokers, risk management, professional services firms and other industry-related organizations.
- Be employed within the insurance industry or related fields for a period of not less than three (3) years.
- Be employed in a professional or management capacity, with decision-making authority, within the insurance or related fields.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the insurance industry or related fields.
- Demonstrate an interest in furthering the purpose of APIW.
- Satisfy the qualifications enumerated above.
- Attend at least one (1) APIW meeting/event within a 12 month period.
- Note: This requirement is waived for individuals having 10 or more years of experience within the insurance industry.
- Be recommended in writing by a member.
- Submit a completed application.
- Be recommended by the membership committee.
If you have any further questions regarding membership, feel free to contact us.